Monday, January 6, 2014

The Thoughtless Trilogy By S.C. Stephens

Among the Many stories that I have read on countless Romance books with happy endings, I always had a thing for those with tragic endings. Well, its not all tragic, they do get their happy endings but really the fun of the read is on the lies, deceptions and the broken hearts (ok so I'm weird!).For when you read things like love triangles and just a stupid female or male lead, you have the desire to react. And I guess for me, that is what makes it impossibly effective to readers, when they need to react to the story. Because if it were all happy endings and straight vanilla (if you know what I mean! lool) then it wouldn't compel you to read the whole damn book just to react on it! =)
 Thoughtless Trilogy By SC Stephens
Photo from S.C. Stephen's Author Website

The Thoughtless Trilogy by S.C. Stephens namely #1 Thoughtless #2 Effortless #3 Reckless is one of those books that leave a mark on the readers hearts both in a bad and good way maybe (good for me though!). I can still remember the first time I came across it on Goodreads. I wasn't expecting it to be the best of both worlds (laugh hard and cry hard) not to mention the characters of Kiera, Denny and Kellan. In book 1, the story revolves on the lead female Kiera thinking that she had everything including the world's perfect boyfriend Denny. But when Kellan came into the picture, the lies and the total love triangle came about. Readers label it as a Rollercoster ride with parts that will make you cry, angry, happy, "kilig", and sometimes want to kill that B**ch of a female! (see? you react!). Although I don't really agree with all the negative comments that the author received, I mean you can never judge what type of love triangle story a person has and besides, its fiction for crying out loud! But i do sympathize with what happened to Denny, I feel for him and again, I just want to slap kiera all over again! (see? react again!)

Book 2, Effortless,  is way better though for me. After all the lies and devastation, you meet a more mature Kiera. It's now the question not of who to love anymore but for how far and there comes the Trust issue. I was actually excited to read this bit of the story, not to mention the presence of the ever annoying D-bags (Name sucks really!) group and Griffin. Kellan here is just as I have imagined. He is sooo inlove with Kiera! The effort he brings to the table of their relationship is astounding really! No wonder so many readers just fall in love with him. I especially like the Notes bit when Kellan was away. I don't believe any man exists to do that effort here in reality anymore! I find this book a real redemption after book 1. Which makes it all the more effective to readers! wooot!

Book 3, Reckless, this book I have waited for quite some time! When it went viral, I actually became sad. I always thought that the story was about to end and it kind did. But what the hell? I didn't even put the damn book down when I read it! As they say all good things need to end. So this part of the story tells us how far the relationship of the whole cast goes. With the superstardom of the band along with the many complications of being in the limelight for Kellan, is Kiera that strong to let love and trust be the first an foremost reason they can never or should never give up on each other. Well, all the answers are here in the #3 installment! This one I can't put down so by far its my favorite! :)

So 4 out of 5 Stars for this book! Yehey! And talk about that Cover! Love Love Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thanks for Dropping by! If ever I can't reply with your comment right away, don't be mad, I'll get there and I do read your comments!

Lots of Love and Hope you'll drop by soon!

Kim